Cape Town Head Office
At Masthead (Pty) Ltd, our passion is keeping businesses in business. As a national supplier of
compliance and practice management services to independent financial advisors and other licensed
financial service providers (FSPs), we know this can only be achieved through the calibre of people we
employ – people who are client focused, set themselves high standards of delivery and have a
willingness to go the extra mile. We see value in operating a flat structure. Giving people the opportunity
to take ownership of their roles and feed their entrepreneurial spirit. Innovative thinking, unconventional
ideas and a can-do attitude are what we are looking for.
Reporting to the MD, this EXCO position requires participation in the overall business strategy and
operations. In this role, you will be responsible and fully accountable for setting the overall direction,
strategy, objectives and delivery of the compliance function of Masthead (Pty) Ltd to its clients. You will
be involved with the various business areas of finance, practice management, marketing and other
business focus areas, as part of our senior management team.
In this role, the Head of Compliance will be responsible to deliver on the following:
• Design Masthead’s compliance direction and strategy, the compliance processes and
delivery, and manage the quality of compliance delivered across the country to its clients;
• Direct the interaction/relationship with key corporate customers, stakeholder interactions and
progress reporting, in line with the business objectives of Masthead;
• Provide inputs to compliance and risk management propositions/offers to potential customers;
• Manage the head office compliance team and the compliance function deliverables into the
business focused on training content, marketing input and setting the compliance
requirements needed for the relevant Masthead IT systems;
• Ensure a focus on the strong synergies between compliance and practice management,
fostering a close working relationship with regional management teams to ensure desired
results are achieved;
• Co-ordinate and compile opinions and commentary on compliance-related matters and
Masthead’s responses and submissions in response to all relevant regulatory developments;
• Deliver presentations or keynote addresses on relevant topics.
We would like the new incumbent to posses the following qualifications, skills, knowledge, expertise
and demonstrated behaviours:
• Legal qualification;
• Financial services technical expert with more than 5 years’ experience at Cat I and II level in
the field of FAIS, FICA and NCA Compliance, together with experience and exposure to the
requirements of POPI;
• Technical expert with proven track record of staying abreast of relevant regulatory
developments and implementation thereof;
• Practical experience and exposure to financial planning practices;
• 5 years plus experience in the management of a specialist team and of broader management
and/or business involvement;
• Powerful decision making with advanced problem solving skills;
• Results focused and driven;
• Adaptable and resilient in the face of change;
• Strong communicator with an ability to address every audience;
• Highly ethical and professional.
Masthead is running with internal and external recruitment processes simulateously.
Should you wish to apply, please send a comprehensive CV with a cover note including your
motivation for the role, to this email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on the 16th October 2020.